09 October 2009

Skills (l33t and otherwise)

A number of months back Jen posted a list of her tech-related skills. I don't know if others are interested in such a list, but I can make a stab at mine (keep in mind that there are a bunch of things on Jen's list, like html code and unix, that I used to know, but haven't used in a decade or so, so I've basically forgotten it all and I'm not listing it here).

Equipment:
The 145 lab
The datastudio interface boxes (science)
general projector stuff

Software:
MS Word
Excel (basics)
PowerPoint (basics)
PowerTeacher
Graphical Analysis
Virtual Physics
Interactive Physics
Earth Centered Universe
Starry Night Pro
DataStudio
Mimio (basic)

Platforms
Windows (basic)


Programming/Markup languages
I've done stuff with Basic, C and Pascal, but not in a long time

Web things
Searching. (how to use Google image search, e.g.)
Web 2.0: Facebook, YouTube, Wikipedia, Google: Earth, Maps, igoogle
Webassign
PBS.org

Project types
Webquest
Powerpoints
Virtual labs
Computer based data collection

Eric Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment